Health and Nutrition and Examination Data
NHANES is designed to collect information about the health and nutrition status of people in the United States. Data items related to injury can be found in several components of the survey.
Injury related questions have been asked in different sections of the survey. Please see the Survey Contents to determine the years the injury related topic was covered.
- Balance Section [PDF - 7 KB]
Questions about falls
- Osteoporosis Section [PDF - 12 KB]
Questions about fractures
- Miscellaneous Pain Section [ PDF - 9 KB]
if pain, aching, stiffness, or swelling in or around a joint is because of an injury
- Occupation Section [PDF - 22 KB]
Details of how to download and analyze the data can be found at NHANES Tutorial
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: May 12, 2010
- Content source: