- Use of CT Scans in EDs—Diagnosis of PE associated with and trends in use of CT scans among patients with chest symptoms..
- VTE Hospitalizations—Rates, trends, & factors associated with VTE diagnosis among hospitalizations of adults aged > 60 yrs. Learn more.
- Video—People talk about their experiences with DVT and PE.
- This Is Serious Campaign—Find facts, risks, prevention, and support.
- Are You At Risk—Find out if you’re at risk for DVT and how to protect yourself.
DVT/PE are often underdiagnosed and serious, but preventable medical conditions. It is important to know about DVT because it can happen to anybody at any age and can cause serious illness, disability, and in some cases, death. The good news is that DVT is preventable and treatable if discovered early.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Blood Disorders
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO