- Preventing HA-VTE - VTE is both a public health problem and a preventable patient safety problem.
- CDC Expert Commentary—Blood Clots and Long Distance Travel: Advising Patients. View this video.
- Use of CT Scans in EDs—Diagnosis of PE associated with and trends in use of CT scans among patients with chest symptoms..
- VTE Hospitalizations—Rates, trends, & factors associated with VTE diagnosis among hospitalizations of adults aged > 60 yrs. Learn more.
- Video—People talk about their experiences with DVT and PE.
DVT/PE are often underdiagnosed and serious, but preventable medical conditions. It is important to know about DVT because it can happen to anybody at any age and can cause serious illness, disability, and in some cases, death. The good news is that DVT is preventable and treatable if discovered early.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Blood Disorders
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO