In this section we provide resources for all FDA-approved diagnostic HIV tests for use in moderate and high complexity laboratories.
Laboratory Testing Guidance
- Laboratory Testing for the Diagnosis of HIV Infection: Updated Recommendations
- Quick Reference: Recommended Laboratory HIV Testing Algorithm for Serum or Plasma Specimens
- APHL Suggested Reporting Language for the HIV Laboratory Diagnostic Testing Algorithm
- Centers for Disease Control. Dear Colleague letter to public and private laboratories (about the 2014 Laboratory Testing for the Diagnosis of HIV Infection: Updated Recommendations and recommendations about using Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) for reporting HIV test results to health departments), CDC 2014
- Technical Update on HIV-1/2 Differentiation Assays, August 2016
FDA Approved HIV Tests
- Updated October 2015 Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Types of HIV tests
- Updated October 2015 List of Laboratory Screening Tests
- Updated October 2015 List of Supplemental Tests for Clinical Settings
- Updated October 2015 List of Moderate Complexity Rapid HIV Tests for Clinical Settings
- Updated May 2016 Alere Determine™ HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo Information Sheet for Testing Programs
- Updated May 2016 CLIA-waived rapid HIV tests
- Detection of Acute HIV Infection in Two Evaluations of a New HIV Diagnostic Testing Algorithm — United States, 2011–2013
- 2013 Journal of Clinical Virology Supplement: HIV Laboratory Diagnosis: New Tests and a New Algorithm.
(Select year 2013 then Vol. 58 December, 2013 p.e1-e134-Supplement 1)
- 2011 Journal of Clinical Virology: Update on HIV Diagnostic Testing Algorithms.
(Select year 2011 then Vol. 52 December, 2011 p.S1-S90-Supplement 1)
- HIV Diagnostic Conference
- Page last reviewed: August 23, 2016
- Page last updated: August 23, 2016
- Content source: