Guidelines and Recommendations
- Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care
This summary guide of infection prevention recommendations for outpatient (ambulatory care) settings.
- CDC. Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections HICPAC 2011.
- CDC. Infection control requirements for dialysis facilities and clarification regarding guidance on parenteral medication vials. MMWR 2008;57(32);875–6.
- Siegel JD, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, et al. the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). Guideline for Isolation Precautions: Preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Healthcare Settings, 2007.
- CDC. Guideline for environmental infection control in health-care facilities. [PDF 1.4 MB] MMWR 2003; 52(RR10):1–42.
- CDC. Boyce JM, Pittet D. the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings. [PDF - 496 KB] MMWR 2002;51
- Recommendations for Preventing Transmission of Infections Among Chronic Hemodialysis Patients. MMWR April 27, 2001/50(RR05);1-43
- CDC Guidelines for Vaccinating Kidney Dialysis Patients and Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. [PDF - 405 KB] December 2012.
- The Safe and Timely Immunization Coalition (STIC)
A national coalition consisting of healthcare professionals and patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD) was formed in 2005 to increase the rate of hepatitis B, influenza, and pneumococcal immunizations in patients and staff in the dialysis setting.
- ESRD Network 6. Safe and timely immunization coalition (STIC): a comprehensive resource guide of educational materials on hepatitis B, influenza, and pneumococcal Immunizations.
- ESRD Network 11. Safe and timely immunization coalition (STIC).
- ESRD Network 15. Safe and timely immunization coalition (STIC): quality improvement.
- Fingerhut D, Fiorarancio M, Milburn R, et al. National Kidney Foundation -KDOQI. Clinical Practice Guidelines and Clinical Practice Recommendations 2006 Updates Hemodialysis Adequacy Peritoneal Dialysis Adequacy Vascular Access.
- Keane WF, Bailie GR, Boeschoten E, et al. ISPD Guidelines and Recommendations adult peritoneal dialysis-related peritonitis treatment recommendations: 2000 UPDATE. Perit Dial Int 2000;20(4): 396–411 [PDF - 113 KB]
- Gokal R, Alexander S, Ash S, et al. International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis. Peritoneal catheters and exit site practices toward optimum peritoneal access: 1998 UPDATE.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 42 CFR Parts 405, 410, 413 et al. End-stage renal disease (ESRD) conditions for coverage. Federal Register 2008;73(73):20370–20484. [PDF - 1.30 MB]
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. ESRD program interpretive guidance version 1.1 and measures assessment tool. [PDF - 2.83 MB]