Guidelines and Recommendations
On this Page
- CDC Guidelines and Recommendations Dialysis Resources
- Outpatient settings
- Isolation Precautions
- Environmental Infection Control
- Hand Hygiene
- Recommendations for Preventing Transmission of Infections Among Chronic Hemodialysis Patients. MMWR April 27, 2001/50(RR05);1-43
- Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care
Infection prevention recommendations for outpatient (ambulatory care) settings.
- Infection Prevention Checklist for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care
- Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections
- Infection control requirements for dialysis facilities and clarification regarding guidance on parenteral medication vials. (2008)
A national coalition consisting of healthcare professionals and patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD) was formed in 2005 to increase the rate of hepatitis B, influenza, and pneumococcal immunizations in patients and staff in the dialysis setting.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines and Clinical Practice Recommendations 2006 Updates Hemodialysis Adequacy Peritoneal Dialysis Adequacy Vascular Access.
- ISPD Guidelines and Recommendations adult peritoneal dialysis-related peritonitis treatment recommendations: 2000 UPDATE. Perit Dial Int 2000;20(4): 396–411 [PDF - 113 KB]
- Peritoneal catheters and exit site practices toward optimum peritoneal access: 1998 UPDATE.
- Page last reviewed: June 9, 2016
- Page last updated: June 9, 2016
- Content source: