Teach Mrs. Jones's Class about Microbes
Download this Activity
There is one activity in this lesson. Students will research, prepare a lesson, and then teach their classmates more about microbes.
The content students will use is found on the Student Reproducible 2: A Kid's Guide to Microbes.
Content is also available on the BAM! Web site at
- Describe what is meant by agent of infectious disease
- Research and compile information about microbes in general, and disease-causing microbes in particular
- Teach what they have learned to the class
This activity fulfills science and health education standards.
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- The Immune Platoon — Profiles the body's own super hero team dedicated to protecting it from infectious and other diseases that threaten good health.
- Division of Population Health/School Health Branch
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO