School Health Policies and Practices Study (SHPPS)
SHPPS 2014 data and results are now available!
The School Health Policies and Practices Study* (SHPPS) is a national survey periodically conducted to assess school health policies and practices at the state, district, school, and classroom levels.
SHPPS was designed to answer the following questions:
- What are the characteristics of each component of school health at the state, district, school, and classroom levels?
- Are there persons responsible for coordinating each school health program component, and what are their qualifications and educational backgrounds?
- What collaboration occurs among staff from each school health program component and with staff from outside agencies and organizations?
- How have key policies and practices changed over time?
Comprehensive results and fact sheets from SHPPS 2014 are available on the SHPPS Results page.
*Formerly known as the School Health Policies and Programs Study.
- Page last reviewed: October 13, 2015
- Page last updated: October 13, 2015
- Content source: