Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can be Deadly
RMSF is spread by the bite of an infected tick.
RMSF symptoms include a fever with
- Upset stomach
- Rash (may occur later in illness)
See your healthcare provider immediately if you develop a fever
- after being bitten by a tick
- after spending time in areas with ticks
Remember, you may not know you have been bitten by a tick.
Doxycycline saves lives!
- Best treatment for suspected RMSF in children and adults
- Treatment needed early when RMSF is suspected
- Does NOT cause tooth staining in children when used to treat RMSF
Prevent tick bites
- Check for ticks on people and pets daily
- Wear insect repellant
- Treat pets for ticks
Page last reviewed: October 26, 2018