Personal Needs: Quick Tips
- Pack emergency supplies in a portable and durable container(s), such as a plastic bin, duffle bag, backpack, trash can with a lid, and/or carry-on luggage.
- Stock canned foods, dry mixes, and other staples that do not require refrigeration, cooking, water, or special preparation.
- Shop for and save on emergency supplies during tax-free holidays in your state. Learn more about tax-free holidays where you live, and what items are exempt.
- Store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and each pet. Store more water for hot climates, for pregnant women, and for people who are sick.
- Update your supplies every six (6) months and/or as the needs of your family change. Remove, throw away or use, and replace any food and water, prescription medications, and supplies before they expire.
Page last reviewed: August 17, 2020, 03:15 PM
Content source: Center for Preparedness and Response