CDC IT Contract Services
On September 24, 2010, CDC awarded 30 contracts to companies for a range of information-related services for up to ten years. These contracts cover information management, IT infrastructure, and management consulting services in support of CDC’s public health mission. In each of these 3 functional domains, multiple awards have been made in each of three business categories, i.e. full and open, small business set-aside, and small disadvantaged business [8(a)] set-aside. The attached table lists the prime contract awardees. In addition, numerous subcontractors are part of the awardees’ teaming arrangements.
These contracts are the fifth generation enterprise service contracts supporting CDC since the mid 1980s and are the successor to the current CDC IT Services (CITS-2) contract. The expanded scope of these contracts and the number of awardees reflects the ever-growing breadth and importance of information services to CDC’s mission and the value of tapping a broad array of companies to provide these services.
CIMS is a multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract award where each subsequent work effort and tasking will be competed among the contractors in the applicable functional area and business category. The maximum contract value is approximately $5 billion for the ten year period.
The CIMS contract has been in planning and development for nearly three years involving substantial industry engagement throughout including a request for information (RFI) from industry, industry review of a draft scope of work and draft request for proposals, presolicitation conference, advisory multi-step (AMS) competition, and a final request for proposals (RFP).
The major service areas are summarized as follows:
- Information Management Services including: planning, design, development, maintenance, engineering, integration, and retirement of information systems; collection, analysis, and management of data, information, and knowledge; health IT, public health informatics; graphics and web design, technical writing and editing; information security; and project and program management support.
- IT Infrastructure Services including: design, installation, management, and support of networks, servers, computers, telecommunications, conferencing services and information security systems; data center operations; and help desk services.
- Management Consulting Services including: business analysis; performance management; process improvement; business process reengineering; decision support and analytics; program vulnerability and risk assessment; continuity of operations planning; project and program management; strategic planning; organizational study and design; transformation and change management; human capital and workforce analysis; training; and communications.
- Page last reviewed: May 23, 2016
- Page last updated: May 23, 2016
- Content source: