Freedom of Information Act Importance to CDC Mission
During the COVID-19 response, the CDC FOIA Office cannot receive any FOIA-related correspondence by USPS, FedEx or UPS.
Starting May 1, we will no longer be accepting requests via E-mail or fax. Requesters can submit a FOIA request using one of the options below:
To learn more about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) visit CDC’s COVID-19 website.
Welcome to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) site.
CDC is the nation’s leading public health agency, dedicated to saving lives and protecting the health of Americans. CDC ensures its science and research activities and its employees comply with federal laws, regulations, and policies in order to exercise the highest level of scientific integrity. At the core of this mission is information sharing—not just health information and disease study results, but information CDC gathers as part of a continuous process of putting information into action. As a science-based agency funded by U.S. taxpayers, CDC is committed to openness and accountability.
Like all federal agencies, CDC is required to disclose records requested in writing by any person unless the records (or a part of the records) are protected from disclosure by any of the nine exemptions contained in the law. This site provides information about the CDC FOIA Office program and how to access CDC records.
- AoA - Administration on Aging external icon
- ACF - Administration for Children and Familiesexternal icon
- AHRQ - Agency for Healthcare Research and Qualityexternal icon
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CMS - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services external icon
- FDA - Food and Drug Administrationexternal icon
- HRSA - Health Resources and Services Administrationexternal icon
- IHS - Indian Health Serviceexternal icon
- NIH - National Institutes of Health external icon
- OIG - Office of Inspector General external icon
- PSC - Program Support Center external icon
- PHS - Public Health Service external icon
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration external icon