FIRE FIGHTER RESOURCES
- Fire Fighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention Program Conducts independent investigations of fire fighter line-of-duty deaths.
- NIOSH Fire Fighter Cancer Study The largest study undertaken to identify cancer rates and causes of death among fire fighters.
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Evaluation in Support of the Fire Service Shares SCBA performance with fire fighters and other stakeholders.
Fire fighters face many dangers that may harm their health. Learn more about NIOSH programs and research on the health concerns of fire fighters.
Structural and vehicle fire fighters face many risks on the job. Learn more about NIOSH research on job hazards among fire fighters.
Every year thousands of acres of land burn across the United States. Wildland fire fighters are asked to protect our lives, our homes, and our forests.
Fire fighters rely heavily on their equipment to be safe. NIOSH researches ways to improve their safety.
- Bloodborne Infectious Diseases
- Carbon Monoxide
- Chemical Hazards
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Safety
- Engineering Controls
- Falls from Elevations
- Firefighter Body Dimension Data
- Heart Disease
- Heat Stress
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Natural Disasters