What's New in AtlasPlus
CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) has added updated viral hepatitis, STD and social determinants of health data on NCHHSTP AtlasPlus.
AtlasPlus gives you quick access to more than 15 years of CDC’s surveillance data on HIV, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and tuberculosis (TB). Users can also view social and economic data in conjunction with HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB infections.
- Convenient: you can get the data when you want – all with a few clicks.
- Quick: you don’t have to rely on someone else to compile and send you data.
- Easy: you don’t need to sift through pages of surveillance reports.
- Social: adding the AtlasPlus button to your website makes it even easier to access and share this powerful tool.
1. NEW Data
- 2017 viral hepatitis surveillance data at the national and state level
- 2017 STD surveillance data at the national, state, and county levels
- 2013-2017 (5-year) social determinants of health estimates at the county level
2. Diverse Visual Data Characterization Capabilities
- Line graphs by year
- Pie or bar charts for sex
- Bar charts for age group, race/ethnicity, transmission category (HIV), and country of birth (TB)
- Bar charts by states or by counties
- Ability to create two side-by-side maps or charts; e.g., compare two diseases, or one disease and one social determinants of health indicator
3. Enhanced Data Visualization
- Faster and cleaner data displays
- Change from flash format to HTML5, which means faster and cleaner data displays, as well as mobile access
- Significant upgrade to the Tables function; based on user feedback, we made it more intuitive to build tables based on the exact subset of the data you want to view
We incorporated many of the functions users told us that they use. For example, user favorites include:
- Integration of Disease and Social Determinants of Health Data
- Downloadable graphics and data
- Interactive and visually-engaging maps
- Send us your thoughts through the Feedback button to we can keep improving the AtlasPlus experience.
- Have a question? Email us at NCHHSTPATLAS@cdc.gov.