Ear and Hearing Care
5.5% people worldwide live with disabling hearing loss
Over 1 Billion people in the age group of 12-35 years are at risk of hearing loss due to unsafe listening.
The number of people with hearing loss is growing rapidly
A majority of people affected with hearing loss do not have access to interventions.
Universal access to quality ear and hearing care is possible through:
Hearing screening & intervention
Ear disease prevention & management
Access to technologies
Greater community engagement
prevent hearing loss to slow its rapid rise
address hearing loss so everyone has the chance to live full & healthy lives
bring economic gains to society
- Delayed language development
- Cognitive decline
- Academic underachievement
- Higher risk of injury
- Social isolation
- Increased poverty
Hearing loss is expensive to communities worldwide and costs governments $980 billion annually.
- Avoid loud noises when possible.
- Use hearing protection such as moldable earplugs or earmuffs.
- Turn down the volumn, especially on personal listening devices like earbuds.
- Take frequent breaks from noise. Give your ears a rest.
- Get your hearing checked. Most people with hearing loss don’t know it.