CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on 2022 U.S. Monkeypox Investigation
For Immediate Release: Thursday, June 9, 2022
Contact: Media Relations
Experts from CDC, HHS, and the White House will discuss the latest regarding the cases of monkeypox in the United States and the testing options available for the public.
- Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dawn O’Connell, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
- Raj Panjabi, MD, Senior Director for Global Health Security & Biodefense, The White House
Available for questions
- Capt. Jennifer McQuiston, DVM, MS, Deputy Director, Division of High Consequence Pathogens and Pathology
- Demetre Daskalakis, MD, MPH, Director, Division of HIV Prevention
Friday, June 10, 2022 at 11am ET
International Non-Media: 1-415-228-4588
Please plan to dial in to the telebriefing 15 minutes before the start time.
Media: If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
A transcript will be available following the briefing at CDC’s website www.cdc.gov/media.
CDC works 24/7 protecting America’s health, safety and security. Whether disease start at home or abroad, are curable or preventable, chronic or acute, or from human activity or deliberate attack, CDC responds to America’s most pressing health threats. CDC is headquartered in Atlanta and has experts located throughout the United States and the world.