10/17/2022: Lab Advisory: CDC Publishes New LOINC In-Vitro Diagnostic Test Code Mapping Mpox Virus Test Results
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
CDC recently published a LOINC In-Vitro Diagnostic (LIVD) Test Code Mapping Guide for Mpox virus tests for use by clinical laboratories and test manufacturers. This guide supports the use of harmonized LOINC and SNOMED Clinical Terms (CT) codes to help improve the accuracy and standardization of Mpox virus test reporting across the United States.
This LIVD specification, which maps all Mpox virus diagnostic tests that have received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorizations, was jointly developed by FDA, CDC, the IVD Industry Connectivity Consortium, the Regenstrief Institute, and the Association of Public Health Laboratories.
We encourage you to review the mapping guide web page for additional information and share this message widely with your networks.
- Mpox Information for Laboratory PersonnelMonkeypox Information for Laboratory Personnel
- Mpox Information for Healthcare Professionals
- U.S. Mpox 2022: Situation Summary
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.