This page lists guidance documents written by the HICPAC for use and distribution by CDC.
The CDC infection control guidelines that were developed with input from HICAPC have moved to the infection control website.
- Core Infection Prevention and Control Practices for Safe Healthcare Delivery in All Settings
- Antibiotic Stewardship Statement for Antibiotic Guidelines
- Essential Elements of a Reprocessing Program for Flexible Endoscopes
- Public Reporting of Health Care-Associated Surveillance Data
- Guidance on Public Reporting of Healthcare-Associated Infections
Guidance outlining core practice recommendations that are widely accepted standards of care for infection prevention. Core Practices are categorized as strong recommendations and are intended for all healthcare settings.
How to incorporate stewardship in treatment guidelines.
Healthcare facilities should have a reliable, high-quality system for endoscope reprocessing which minimizes infection risks. To achieve this goal, all reprocessing programs must have an infrastructure that supports training and competencies, quality measurement, and management. The following guidance is provided to assist healthcare facilities, including clinical and administrative staff, to achieve a reliable, high-quality reprocessing program.
Recommended standards for the use of HAI surveillance data for external facility assessment to ensure valid comparisons of data between facilities.
Guidelines for public health and HAI reporting systems based on established principles. This document is intended to assist with the design and implementation of public HAI reporting systems.