Map Making Resources
Find map-making, GIS, and spatial analysis resources.
- ArcGIS Blogexternal icon: The latest news about ESRI products
- Cartographic Guidelines for Public Health pdf icon[PDF – 3.7 M]: Best practices for producing high-quality, consistent map products for the public health community.
- Color Brewerexternal icon: Custom colorways, including color-blind–friendly, print-friendly, quantitative, and qualitative color schemes
- Coordinate Systems Overviewexternal icon
- Map Projection Overviewexternal icon
- USGS Map Scale Tutorial pdf icon[PDF-1.7M]external icon
- GIS in Public Health and Planningexternal icon: A compilation of GIS tutorials, data sources, and case studies
- National Cancer Instituteexternal icon: GIS data, tools, and research
- URISA’s GIS in Public Health Planning courseexternal icon
- Center for Spatially Integrated Social Scienceexternal icon
- Error, Accuracy, and Precisionexternal icon: An article detailing the differences between and importance of accuracy, error, and precision.
Page last reviewed: June 13, 2019