Materials and Resources Based on the Framework
To facilitate learning, the evaluation framework is presented in the following formats for use with different audiences.
Recently published in Public Health Reports,external icon this article highlights the path CDC has taken to foster quality monitoring and evaluation and the use of findings. Within the Executive Perspective, coauthors, Dan Kidder and Tom Chapel:
- Describe the history and current state of evaluation at CDC,
- Identify evaluation practices and policies that have been helpful in doing and using evaluation, and
- Highlight challenges and lessons learned in building capacity for evaluation and putting findings to good use.
The insights within this article will be a valuable resource to any level of government or nongovernmental organization that wishes to improve its programs by instilling a culture of evaluation
- New! CDC’s Program Evaluation Journey: 1999 to Presentexternal icon
- MMWR Recommendations and Reportspdf icon
- Overview of the Frameworkpdf icon
- Summary of the Frameworkpdf icon
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Public Health Programs: A Self-Study Guide
- Improving the Use of Program Evaluation for Maximum Health Impact: Guidelines and Recommendationspdf icon
- Health Promotion and Practice article, “A Framework Featuring Steps and Standards for Program Evaluation,” July 2000]pdf icon
- Introduction to Process Evaluation in Tobacco Use Prevention and Control
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs