Improving the Use of Program Evaluation for Maximum Health Impact: Guidelines and Recommendations
- Announced by Dr. Frieden in Nov. 2012, the evaluation guidelines are a set of recommendations to inform evaluation planning and implementation.
- The goal is to increase the use of evaluation data for continuous program improvement Agency-wide
- While the emphasis is on CDC practice, most of these recommendations, when implemented, will improve the ways in which partners, grantees, and community-based organizations evaluate and improve their program efforts as well.
The guidelines are focused on 4 areas:
- Recommendations for CDC/OD for Enhanced Evaluation Training and Support
- Overarching Recommendations for Centers, Divisions, and Large Programs
- Recommendations for CDC’s Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Recommendations for Applicants/Funded Recipients Related to Funding Opportunity Announcements
- See the full Guidelines and Recommendationspdf icon
- Frequently Asked Questionspdf icon