Chronic Disease GIS Exchange
The Chronic Disease GIS exchange is an on-line forum for public health professionals and community leaders to learn and share techniques for using GIS to enhance chronic disease prevention and treatment.
- Visit the Map Gallery to see maps that are being used to meet program priorities, guide policy, enhance collaboration, and document disparities in chronic diseases.
- Add your maps to the Map Gallery so that others may learn from your experience.
- Learn introductory and advanced techniques in GIS.
- Explore a wealth of spatial, environmental and public health GIS resources.
We hope you will be inspired by the maps and resources here, and will inspire others by sharing your maps.
GIS Quick Tips
A Strategy for Effective Labeling [PDF – 232 KB]
Does the addition of labels to your map make the map appear cluttered? Are some of the labels hard to read? Adding a halo to your label is a simple and effective strategy to solve these issues.
Tips for Creating Maps for Public Health
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2017
- Page last updated: May 9, 2017
- Content source: