05/15/2020: Join the Next Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Call on Monday, May 18 at 3:00 PM EDT
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
Join the Next Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Call on Monday, May 18 at 3:00 PM EDT
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 3:00 PM EDT, CDC’s Division of Laboratory Systems will host a call to discuss hot topics and to solicit the laboratory community’s questions about the national response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls will take place every Monday at 3:00 PM EDT. Please see below for Zoom information.
Please refer to the attached agenda for an outline of Monday’s call. If you have questions you would like to submit for consideration, please email DLSinquiries@cdc.gov in advance or use the Question & Answer (Q&A) function in Zoom during the call.
For more information, visit the Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Call website.
Webinar ID: 160 639 2851
Join by Phone
+1 (669) 254-5252/Passcode: 1606392851#
+1 (646) 828-7666/Passcode: 1606392851#
- Jasmine Chaitram, CDC Division of Laboratory Systems
Urgent Need for a Coherent National Testing Strategy for COVID-19
- Gary Procop, Chair, American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Commission on Science, Technology, Quality and Policy
COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma and the Transfusion Service
- Kerry O’Brien, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The Unexpected Impact of COVID-19 on the Blood Supply
- Kimberly Sanford, Virginia Commonwealth University
Laboratory Biosafety Update
- Bill Arndt, CDC Division of Laboratory Systems
FDA Update and Responses to Questions
- Tim Stenzel and Sara Brenner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)