Healthy Living Videos - Hygiene
This video answers important questions about hand washing and hand sanitizer.
CDC studies show that widespread water fluoridation prevents cavities and saves money. Economic analysis found that every $1 invested in fluoridation yields nearly a $38 savings in dental costs. Fluoridation protects teeth when delivered through the water supply to children during the tooth forming years and for all ages throughout life.
Each year in the United States, patients get more than a million infections in the hospital while being treated for something else. The best way to help prevent infection is to practice proper hand hygiene.
Our video shows how it is best to wash your hands with soap and clean running water for about 20 seconds and explains that if soap and clean water are not available, use an alcohol-based product. The video also points out that alcohol-based hand rubs significantly reduce the number of germs on skin and are fast-acting.
- Arthritis Pain Reliever (4:17)
- Binge Drinking (4:23)
- Health Begins at Home (3:18)
- Healthy Swimming Is No Accident (:30)
- In the Swim of Things (3:52)
- Making the Business Case for Prevention: Smoke-free Multiunit Housing (2:07)
- No Excuses (:60)
- Our Cultures Are Our Source of Health (9:02)
- Screen for Life: Meryl Streep (:60)
- Snort Sniffle Sneeze: No Antibiotics Please (3:47)
- The Obesity Epidemic (7:13)
- The Quiet Killer (3:15)
- Through the Eyes of the Eagle (6:36)
- VSI: Vaccine Scene Investigation (4:02)