Diseases & Conditions - Lifestyle Videos
Healthy swimming expert Michael Beach warns about the superbug “Crypto” that causes the most common recreational water illness and suggests anyone with diarrhea should stay out of the water. The video explains that though we use chlorine to kill germs and protect our health, Crypto can survive for days in chlorinated water.
When your child is sick, antibiotics may not be the answer. Work with your child′s doctor or nurse to learn how you can help your child feel better.
Are you aware that colds, flu, most sore throats and bronchitis, and some ear infections are caused by viruses? Did you know that antibiotics do not help fight viruses? It’s true. Plus, taking antibiotics when you have a virus may do more harm than good. Work with your healthcare provider and pharmacist to find the best treatments for you or your child.
This video explains the many factors that have contributed to the obesity epidemic, and showcases several community initiatives taking place to prevent and reduce obesity. Obesity is a national epidemic and a major contributor to some of the leading causes of death in the U.S., including heart disease, stroke, diabetes and some types of cancer. We need to change our communities into places that strongly support healthy eating and active living.
- The Immunization Baby Book (4:16)
- Baby Steps: Learn the Signs. Act Early. (4:32)
- Dangerous Creatures – A Visit To The CDC Insectary (5:48)
- Finding a Balance (4:18)
- Hidden Sodium (1:03)
- Making Health Easier: Healthy Changes Start in Preschool (3:54)
- Our Cultures Are Our Source of Health (9:02)
- Salt Matters: Preserving Choice, Protecting Health (4:30)
- Take 3 (:60)
- The Story of Folic Acid Fortification (6:37)
- Vital Signs – High Blood Pressure (2:22)
- Way to Go: Many Healthy Returns (4:00)
- Wes Studi: Don’t Get Don’t Spread (:60)
- Wes Studi: Seasonal Flu (:60)
- Wes Studi: Signs (:60)
- Why Surveillance Matters (:45)