Diseases & Conditions - Cancer Videos
Many men wonder if they should get screened for prostate cancer. Each man must decide for himself. That’s why it’s important for men to talk about screening (testing) with their doctor. This video helps men understand their prostate cancer screening options.
In this 60-second PSA, gynecologic cancer survivor, Jenny Allen, a mother, writer and performer urges women to see a doctor, if they have symptoms that last two weeks or longer. She tells a moving personal story about noticing symptoms, being diagnosed with uterine and ovarian cancer, and getting treatment. She says, “Be brave. Ask questions.”
This public service announcement addresses common excuses and misconceptions that lead people to delay or avoid getting screened for colorectal cancer. It features men and women who voice their personal reasons for not being screened and an off-camera announcer who responds by providing facts about colorectal cancer screening and its importance.
This Public Service Announcement features Meryl Streep who discusses the importance of colorectal cancer screening for men and women aged 50 and older. Ms. Streep explains that screening can prevent colorectal cancer, by finding polyps so that they can be removed before they turn into cancer.
In this 60-second public service announcement, Golden Globe and Academy Award-nominated actor and musician Terrance Howard urges Americans to be screened for colorectal cancer. Mr. Howard has a personal connection to the disease. He talks movingly about losing his mother to colon cancer, saying, “Let my heartbreak be your wake-up-call.”
- The Immunization Baby Book (4:16)
- Baby Steps: Learn the Signs. Act Early. (4:32)
- Dangerous Creatures – A Visit To The CDC Insectary (5:48)
- Finding a Balance (4:18)
- Hidden Sodium (1:03)
- Making Health Easier: Healthy Changes Start in Preschool (3:54)
- Our Cultures Are Our Source of Health (9:02)
- Salt Matters: Preserving Choice, Protecting Health (4:30)
- Take 3 (:60)
- The Story of Folic Acid Fortification (6:37)
- Vital Signs – High Blood Pressure (2:22)
- Way to Go: Many Healthy Returns (4:00)
- Wes Studi: Don’t Get Don’t Spread (:60)
- Wes Studi: Seasonal Flu (:60)
- Wes Studi: Signs (:60)
- Why Surveillance Matters (:45)