HRSAs National Sample Survey of Nurse Practitioners
The National Sample Survey of Nurse Practitioners (NSSNP) was designed to provide national representative estimates of the U.S. nurse practitioner (NP) supply and to collect detailed data on the licensure, education, clinical practice characteristics, and demographics of nurse practitioners.
Data and Documentation
- 2012 NSSNP Restricted Data Codebook [PDF - 1 MB]
- 2012 NSSNP Variable Definitions [PDF - 534 KB]
- NSSNP Questionnaire [PDF - 153 KB]
Please follow the standard RDC Procedures to access these data.
NSSNP data can be accessed through the four RDC access modes:
Approved Projects- Next Steps
The RDC Approved Projects - Next Steps outlines the process with the following exception(s):
- Data set creation – the variables listed in the data dictionary included in your proposal format will be extracted from the data files to create the analytic data set you will access to conduct your research.
Always discuss next steps with your RDC Analyst.
- Page last reviewed: September 18, 2014
- Page last updated: September 18, 2014
- Content source: