National Innovative Partnerships for Addressing Obesity through Environmental Supports for Nutrition and Physical Activity
xNew funding is available through CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity. The National Innovative Partnerships Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will support public health efforts to prevent and reduce obesity by promoting the implementation of environmental and system supports that create healthier places and lead to improvements in healthy eating and physical activity behaviors across the U.S. The FOA seeks to foster the development of innovative collaborations with public and private, public health, and non-public health organizations, which lead to successful implementation of evidence- and practice-based obesity prevention strategies, especially in populations experiencing disproportionately high rates of obesity.
Three funding component areas:
- Physical activity with informational outreach
- Healthy, affordable foods and beverages
- Breastfeeding duration and support
- 3 year cooperative agreement
- 1 – 4 award recipients
- Funding range: $50,000 -- 200,000 per annum
- Focus: increasing awareness and promoting implementation of environmental and system supports for nutrition, physical activity and obesity prevention strategies across the U.S.
- Applicants must provide evidence of organizational reach and representation in at least one state in each of the 10 HHS regions to be considered eligible to conduct work under the FOA
To access the announcement and application package:
- Visit http://www.grants.gov
- Select 'Apply for Grants'
- Select 'Step 1: Download a Grant Application’
Insert the Funding Announcement Number in the format: CDC-RFA-DP13-1304