Get email updates
Enter your email to receive the monthly CDC Learning Connection eNewsletter
- CDC Learning Connection
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Do you have 20 minutes or less for learning?
Welcome to Quick-Learn Lessons! This page provides public health-related learning products and activities that take 20 minutes or less to complete. Products are also accessible from your mobile device, so you can learn on the go. Check back often for more products and activities.
Quick-Learn lessons help you develop basic public health knowledge and skills in specific areas through interactivity and practice.
- Learn how to create a visual display of the onset of illness among cases associated with an outbreak
- Learn how to determine the outbreak's likely mode of spread by analyzing an epidemic curve
- Learn how to interpret an epidemic curve, and determine the likely period of exposure that led to the outbreak
- Learn how to recognize characteristics of the four biological safety levels
Listen to public health-related podcasts on your computer or download them and listen to information on your mobile device.
- This podcast discusses social media, blogs, and mobile technologies and how they can be used for public health
- This podcast discusses bullying as a public health problems, and provides information and resources for public health practitioners
- Listen and download a variety of podcasts based on articles located in CDC’s Emerging Infectious Disease journal
- This podcast accompanies the publication of a series of articles on melanoma surveillance and discusses the need to increase dermatologists’ awareness of cancer registries and reporting requirements
- In this podcast, CDC Tracking experts address how you can get a better view of suppressed data
Videos are from a variety of sources, including TED Talks and CDC’s YouTube channel, CDCStreamingHealth.
- In this video, teens urge health care professionals across the nation to talk to their teen patients about pregnancy and contraception
- In this brief TED Talk, Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software to show data trends on global health and economics
- Learn about the 15 capabilities CDC developed to help state and local public health authorities better organize their work and plan their priorities
- This video discusses the December 9, 2011 CDC guidelines for the use of a new regimen for the treatment of persons with latent tuberculosis infection