Implement health education that provides students with the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and experiences needed for lifelong healthy eating and physical activity.
Health education is integral to the mission of schools, providing students with the knowledge and skills they need to become successful learners and healthy adults.
- Require health education from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Implement a planned and sequential health education curriculum that is culturally and developmentally appropriate, addresses a clear set of behavioral outcomes that promote healthy eating and physical activity, and is based on national standards.
- Use curricula that are consistent with scientific evidence of effectiveness in helping students improve healthy eating and physical activity behaviors.
- Use classroom instructional methods and strategies that are interactive, engage all students, and are relevant to their daily lives and experiences.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO