You Only Have One Pair of Eyes
Visit the Posters page to download additional posters in this series in multiple sizes.
Title: You Only Have One Pair of Eyes, So Take Care of Them!
When it comes to wearing contacts, healthy habits mean healthy eyes. Follow these tips to help prevent eye infections.
- Wash and dry your hands before touching
- Don’t sleep in your contacts (unless your eye
doctor tells you it’s OK).
- Avoid wearing contacts while showering,
swimming, or using a hot tub.
- Rub and rinse your contacts with solution each
time you clean them. Never use water or spit!
- Never store your contacts in water.
- Replace your contacts as often as your
eye doctor says.
- Rub and rinse your case every day with solution, dry with
a clean tissue, and store upside down with the caps off.
- Get a new case at least every three months.
- Only use fresh disinfecting solution in your case—don’t
mix new with old.
- Use only the solution your eye doctor tells you to use.
Your Eye Doctor
- Visit your eye doctor once a year—
or more often if needed.
- Ask questions about how to care for your
lenses and case.
- Take out your contacts and call your
eye doctor if you have eye pain, red eyes,
or blurred vision.
Always Be Prepared!
- Carry a pair of glasses in case you need to take out your contacts.
- Page last reviewed: March 14, 2014
- Page last updated: March 14, 2014
- Content source: