CDC CFS Publications
This is a compilation of publications by the CDC CFS Public Health Research Program from 2006 to present. This section includes only publications involving the CDC CFS research group.
- Aslakson E, Vollmer-Conna U, Reeves WC, White PD. Replication of an empirical approach to delineate the heterogeneity of chronic unexplained fatigue. Population Health Metrics 7:17, 2009.
- Baekey DM, Feng P, Decker MJ, Strohl KP. Breathing and sleep: measurement methods, genetic influences and developmental impacts. ILAR J 50:248-261, 2009.
- Boneva RS, Lin JMS, Maloney EM, Jones JF, Reeves WC. Use of medications among subjects with chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy persons: a population-based study of fatiguing illness in Georgia. Health Quality of Life Outcomes 7:67, 2009.
- Decker MJ, Lin JMS, Tabassum H, Reeves WC. Hypersomnolence and sleep-related complaints in metropolitan, urban, and rural Georgia. Am J Epidemiol 169:435-443, 2009.
- Decker MJ, Tabassum H, Lin JMS, Reeves WC. Electroencephalographic correlates of chronic fatigue syndrome. Behavioral and Brain Functions 5: 43, 2009.
- Emanuele VA, Gurbaxani BM. Benchmarking currently available SELDI-TOF MS preprocessing techniques. Proteomics. 9(7): 1754-62, 2009.
- Heim C, Nater UM, Maloney E, Boneva R, Jones JF, Reeves WC. Childhood trauma and risk for chronic fatigue syndrome: Association with neuroendocrine dysfunction. Arch Gen Psych 66:72-80, 2009.
- Hickie I, Davenport T, Vernon SD, Nisenbaum R, Reeves WC, Lloyd A. Are chronic fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome valid clinical entities across countries and healthcare settings? Australia New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 43:25-35, 2009.
- Lin E, Hsu SY. A Bayesian approach to gene-gene and gene-environment interactions in chronic fatigue syndrome. Pharmacogenomics. 10:35-42, 2009.
- Lin JMS, Brimmer DJ, Boneva RS, Jones JF, Reeves WC. Barriers to healthcare utilization in fatiguing illness: a population-based study in Georgia. BMC Health Services Research. 9:13, 2009.
- Maloney EM, Boneva R, Nater UM, Reeves WC. Chronic fatigue syndrome and high allostatic load: Results from a population-based case-control study in Georgia. Psychosomatic Medicine Jun;71(5):549-56 2009.
- Narasimhan S, Falkenberg VR, Rajeevan MS. Determination of quantitative and site specific DNA methylation of perforin by pyrosequencing. BMC Research Notes 2:104, 2009.
- Nater UM, Lin JMS, Maloney EM, Jones JF, Tian H, Raison CL, Reeves WC, Heim C. Psychiatric comorbidity in persons with chronic fatigue syndrome identified from the Georgia population. Psychosomatic Medicine. Jun;71(5):557-65 2009.
- Nater UM, Whistler T, Lonergan W, Mletzko T, Vernon SD, Heim C. Impact of acute psychosocial stress on peripheral blood gene expression pathways in healthy men. Biological Psychology 82:125-132, 2009.
- Raison CL, Lin JMS, Reeves WC. Association of peripheral inflammatory markers with chronic fatigue in a population-based sample. Brain Behavior & Immunity 11:327-337, 2009.
- Smith AK, Maloney EM, Falkenberg VR, Dimulescu I, Rajeevan MS. An angiotensin-1 converting enzyme polymorphism is associated with allostatic load mediated by C-reactive protein, interleukin-6 and cortisol. Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:597-606, 2009
- Vernon SD, Whistler T, Rajeevan MS, Reeves WC. Chapter 1 – Integrating disparate data to identify markers and model chronic fatigue syndrome. In McConnell, P, Lim, S., and A.J. Cuticchia, Methods of Micorarray Data Analysis VI. (Scotts Valley, California: CreateSpace Publishing, 2009.
- Whistler T, Fletcher MA, Lonergan W, Zeng XR, Lin JMS, LaPerriere A, Vernon SD, Klimas NG. Impaired immune functionin Gulf War illness. BMC Medical Genomics 2:12, 2009.
- Whistler T, Lonergan W, Reeves WC. Introduction – Discovery Science and Beyond CAMDA. In McConnell, P, Lim, S., and A.J. Cuticchia, Methods of Micorarray Data Analysis VI. (Scotts Valley, California: CreateSpace Publishing, 2009.
- Jones JF, Lin JMS, Maloney EM, Boneva RS, Unger ER, Reeves WC. An evaluation of exclusionary medical/psychiatric conditions in the definition of chronic fatigue syndrome. BMC Medicine 7:57, 2009.
- Brimmer DJ, McCleary KK, Lupton TA, Faryna KM, Reeves WC. Continuing medical education challenges in chronic fatigue syndrome. BMC Medical Education 9:70, 2009.
- Raison CL, Borisov AS, Woolwine BJ, Massung B, Vogt G, Miller AH. Interferon-alpha effects on diurnal hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activity: relationship with proinflammatory cytokines and behavior. Molecular Psychiatry 23:327-337, 2009.
- Lin JMS, Brimmer DJ, Maloney EM, Nyarko E, Rhonda B., Reeves WC. Further validation of the multidimensional fatigue inventory in Georgian adult population sample. Population Health Metrics 7:18, 2009.
- Tian H, Brimmer DJ, Lin JMS, Tumpey AJ, Reeves WC. Web usage data as a means of evaluating public health messaging and outreach. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 11: e52, 2009.
- Sorensen B, Jones JF, Vernon SD, Rajeevan MS. Transcriptional control of complement activation in an exercise model of chronic fatigue syndrome. Molecular Medicine 15: 34-42, 2009.