Hand Washing Experiment
Download this Activity
Activity Component Lesson Plan [PDF - 273 KB]
In this activity, students will conduct an experiment on washing their hands. They will learn that "clean" hands may not be so clean after all and the critical importance of washing their hands as a way to prevent the spread of disease.
- Relate the importance of hand washing
- Describe that germs may be present even if they are not seen
This activity fulfills science and health education standards [PDF - 273 KB].
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- The Buzz on Scuzz — Teaches the best hand washing techniques and why it's so important to wash your hands.
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2015
- Page last updated: May 9, 2015
- Content source: