- VaxChora® and Flucelvax® Quadrivalent added to vaccine, trade name, vaccine group and NDC tables (6/21/2016) NEW
- VTrckS ExIS resource: Strategies for Improving Accountability, Efficiency and Provider Satisfaction [12 pages] (10/8/2015) NEW
- New code set: VIS to Current URL Table (9/1/2015) NEW
- IIS list of publications has been updated in the searchable database (8/20/2015) NEW
- HL7 Standard Code Set: CVX-VIS Mapping Table (8/17/2015) NEW
Popular IIS Topics
NCIRD IIS Strategic Plan: Achieving the Vision for the Future
In 2012, NCIRD launched the creation of the IIS Strategic Plan to create a vision for the future—and a path forward—for advancing IIS so that real time, consolidated immunization data and services could be available for authorized clinical, administrative, and public health users and consumers, anytime and anywhere. Comprised of five focus areas, and underlying goals and initiatives, the IIS Strategic Plan is evolving and a priority for the agency.
Getting Started with IIS
By two years of age, over 20% of the children in the U.S. typically have seen more than one healthcare provider, resulting in scattered paper medical records. Immunization information systems (IIS) help providers and families by consolidating immunization information into one reliable source. For more information see:
Looking For Immunization Records?
If you need assistance finding an immunization record go to How to Find Your Immunization Record
Have Questions About IIS?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Did You Know
Looking for additional IIS funding opportunities? Review the MMIS [33 pages] and CMS Whitepaper on Funding Immunization Registries [11 pages] documents for more information.
- Page last reviewed: February 1, 2016
- Page last updated: June 23, 2016
- Content source: