- New CIB: Workplace Tobacco Policies—NIOSH recommendations on tobacco use in worksites and by workers
- Effectiveness of Total Worker Health Interventions—Read the latest research
- New Institute of Medicine Report—Promising and Best Practices in Total Worker Health
What is Total Worker HealthTM?
Total Worker Health™ integrates occupational safety and health protection with workplace policies, programs and practices that promote health and prevent disease to advance worker safety, health and well-being.
Today, emerging evidence recognizes that both work-related factors and health factors beyond the workplace jointly contribute to many safety and health problems that confront today’s workers and their families. Traditionally, workplace safety and health programs have been compartmentalized. Health protection programs have focused squarely on safety, reducing worker exposures to risk factors arising in the work environment itself. And most workplace health promotion programs have focused exclusively on lifestyle factors off-the-job that place workers at risk. A growing body of science supports the effectiveness of combining these efforts through workplace interventions that integrate health protection and health promotion programs.
Related Resources on Workplace Safety, Health, and Well-being
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO