Trends in tickborne diseases
The HHS Working Group on Lyme and Other Tickborne Diseases invites you to participate in an upcoming webinar:
Emerging Issues in Tickborne Diseases
Thursday, June 13, 2019 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm EDT
- Dr. Paul Mead, CDC—Welcome and introduction
- Denise Bonilla, USDA/APHIS—Update on the Asian longhorned tick (H. longicornis)
- Dr. William Nicholson, CDC—Alpha-gal allergy following tick bite: What do we really know?
- Dr. Kevin Esvelt, MIT—Mice against ticks: A community-guided effort to prevent Lyme disease via gene editing
- Dr. Ben Beard, CDC—National Strategy for vector-borne diseases
We apologize for technical difficulties that you may have experienced during the June 13 webinar. A video will be available in the next several weeks at this site. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2016 HHS joint webinar: Trends in Tickborne Diseases
2013 HHS joint webinar on Novel and Emerging Tickborne Diseases: Agents, Clinical Features, and Surveillance
- Krause PJ, Narasimhan S, Wormser GP, Barbour AG, Platonov AE, Brancato J, et al. Borrelia miyamotoi sensu lato seroreactivity and seroprevalence in the northeastern United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014 July.
- Muehlenbachs A, Fata CR, Lambert AJ, Paddock CD, Velez JO, Blau DM, Staples JE, Karlekar MB, Bhatnagar J, Nasci RS, Zaki SR. Heartland virus associated death in Tennesseeexternal icon. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Jun 9. pii: ciu434. [Epub ahead of print]