Treatment and Recovery
For people struggling with opioid addiction, it is important to provide treatment, as well as a way to prevent overdose death. Here are some resources that may help.
Learn about Addiction Treatment
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)External combines behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders.
- Decisions in Recovery: Treatment for Opioid Use DisorderCdc-pdfExternal
Resources for Patients, Family & Friends
- Managing Chronic Pain in Adults with or in Recovery from Substance Use Disorders Cdc-pdf[SAMHSA]External
- Facts and Recommendations for Individuals and Families Cdc-pdf[Surgeon General]External
- Facts and Recommendations for Communities Cdc-pdf[Surgeon General]External
- Facts and Recommendations for State, Local, and Tribal Governments Cdc-pdf[Surgeon General]External
- Mental Health and Addiction Insurance HelpExternal [HHS]
This consumer portal prototype is being released to help consumers get to the correct resource to solve their Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder insurance coverage issue.