Are You Prepared?
More than half of U.S. adults do NOT have the plans in place to be prepared for a disaster or emergency.
- 52% of adults have NO preparedness plans.
- 85% of adults do NOT have an emergency communications plan.
- 43% of adults do NOT agree they feel confident knowing how to prepare for disasters.
- 64% of adults do NOT have an emergency supply kit.
- Store a 3-day supply of non-perishable, easy to prepare, food.
- Store a 3-day supply of water: one gallon per person, per day.
- Always have at least a 7-day supply of each prescription medication.
Make a plan. Build a kit. Be prepared. Disasters can happen anywhere at any time.
Sources: FallStyles 2020 & SpringStyles 2021
View Page In:pdf icon PDF [917K]
Page last reviewed: October 14, 2021
Content source: National Center for Environmental Health