09/01/2023: Lab Advisory: CDC Select Agent Program Issues Notice for Return to Normal Mpox Reporting
Audience: Clinical Laboratories
Level: Laboratory Advisory
On August 31, 2023, CDC’s Division of Select Agents and Toxins (DSAT) posted a Select Agent (SA) Gram to inform clinical and diagnostic laboratories and other entities that the standard (pre-October 4, 2022) reporting requirements for the identification of Mpox virus will be reinstated on October 30, 2023. The reporting requirements in place during the Mpox public health emergency will no longer be in effect.
We encourage you to review the SA Gram in detail and share this message widely with your networks.
- Preparation and Collection of Specimens
- Information For Laboratory Personnel
- Laboratory Procedures and Biosafety Guidelines
- How to Report Test Results
- Mpox 2022: Outbreak Cases and Data
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS) | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Office of Laboratory Science and Safety (OLSS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)