Guideline for Isolation Precautions: Preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Healthcare Settings (2007)
Update: Current recommendations can be found at CDC Tdap / Td ACIP Vaccine Recommendations.
Update: The Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) voted to change the recommendation of isolation for persons with mumps from 9 days to 5 days based on this 2008 MMWR report.
Changes to this guideline:
- Minor content edits were made to improve clarity.
- Spelling and punctuation were corrected.
- Tables were formatted to be easily read by screen readers in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Numbered or itemized items in paragraph format were converted to vertical numbered or bulleted lists in compliance with ADA.
- Link text was changed to comply with ADA.
- Live links were updated; dead links are indicated.
Ebola Virus Disease [August 2014]
Update: The recommendations in this guideline for Ebola has been superseded by these CDC documents:
- Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Hospitalized Patients with Known or Suspected Ebola Virus Disease in U.S. Hospitals
- Interim Guidance for Environmental Infection Control in Hospitals for Ebola Virus
See CDC’s Ebola Virus Disease website for current information on how Ebola virus is transmitted.
Ebola Virus Disease for Healthcare Workers 
Update: Recommendations for healthcare workers can be found at Ebola for Clinicians.
Measles [November 2011]
Update: Updated recommendations can be found at Immunization of Healthcare Personnel: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) [PDF – 705 KB].
- Page last reviewed: November 5, 2015
- Page last updated: October 30, 2018
- Content source: