01/13/2021: Lab Advisory: CMS Updates CLIA Surveyor Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Test Result Reporting
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
On January 8, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) Laboratories Surveyor Guidance for New and Modified CLIA Requirements Related to SARS-CoV-2 Test Result Reportingpdf iconexternal icon. Please refer to the updated guidance for details.
- Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus for Laboratories
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.