06/25/2021: Lab Update: CDC Publishes New Web Page on Biological Risk Management for Point-of-Care Testing
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Update
On June 25, 2021, CDC published the Biological Risk Management for Point-of-Care Testing Web page, a new resource for those who perform point-of-care testing. This new page introduces basic risk management concepts, outlines the five steps of the risk management process, and shares relevant resources. Website visitors can also download a job hazard analysis tool which they can adapt for their own situation.
This new web page is a companion to the recently published Biological Risk Assessment: General Considerations for Laboratories published in March 2021.
Please share this message with your networks to help raise awareness about this new resource.
- Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Point-of-Care and Rapid Testing
- Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for Handling and Processing Specimens Associated with COVID-19
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.