The Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS), a critical component of the Vaccine Management Business Improvement Project (VMBIP), is an information technology system that integrates the entire publicly-funded vaccine supply chain from purchasing and ordering to distribution of the vaccine. VTrckS was launched at four pilot grantee sites on December 13, 2010.
VTrckS allows health care providers to input their vaccine requests (orders) directly online thereby improving efficiency and accountability of public dollars. The system evaluates vaccine orders against specific guidelines set by grantees (i.e., state, local, and territorial health departments) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The Importance of VTrckS
- Benefits to Grantees
- Benefits to Healthcare Providers
VTrckS is integral to supporting current and future requirements for effectively managing and distributing publicly-funded vaccines. The current technology infrastructure is composed of multiple standalone systems developed during the 1990s. As Vaccines for Children (VFC) and related programs grew, the technology needs associated with managing these programs also grew in terms of both scale and complexity. By implementing an integrated system based on a modern technology platform, CDC is laying a long-term foundation for effectively managing publicly-funded vaccine.
VTrckS offers grantees, through a secure system, reduced manual processes and data entry as well as improved visibility into order status, shipment status, and provider inventory. Through VTrckS, grantees can:
- Enroll and manage providers as groups or individuals within a formulary
- Develop and manage spend plans and vaccine formulary
- Place and manage vaccine orders to their providers
- Manage and approve provider-placed orders
- Export vaccine orders from ExIS to VTrckS
- Generate a recommended vaccine order size that is tailored for each health care provider
- Estimate the amount of vaccine providers will need every month
- Compare health care provider vaccine orders to original estimates
- Generate robust reports with visibility into vaccine orders through distribution as well as account balances
VTrckS offers health care providers reduced administrative costs and increased order accuracy through the ability to place and track orders online. Through VTrckS, a secure system, health care providers can:
- Place and track vaccine orders online
- Order vaccine from ExIS, as approved by the State
- Submit accountability data online such as doses administered by age eligibility and refrigerator count
- Receive important updates from grantees and CDC
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.