Selected Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) Papers
- Prill MM, Iwane MK, Edwards KM, Williams JV, Weinberg GA, Staat MA, Willby MJ, Talbot HK, Hall CB, Szilagyi PG, Griffin MR, Curns AT, Erdman DD; for the New Vaccine Surveillance Network. Human coronavirus in young children hospitalized for acute respiratory illness and asymptomatic controls. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2012;31:235-240.
- Talbot HKB, Crowe JE, Edwards KM, Griffin MR, Zhu Y, Weinberg GA, Hall CB, Szilagyi PG, Podsiad AB, Iwane MK, Williams JV. Coronavirus infection and hospitalizations for acute respiratory illness in young children. J Med Virol 2009;81:853-856.
- Edwards KM, Zhu Y, Griffin MR, Weinberg, GA, Hall CB, Szilagyi PG, Staat MA, Iwane MK, Prill MA, Williams JV, for the New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN). The burden of human metapneumovirus infection in young children. N Engl J Med 2013;368:633-43.
- Williams JV, Edwards KM, Weinberg GA, Griffin MR, Hall CB, Zhu Y, Szilagyi PG, Wang CK, Yang CF, Silva D, Ye D, Spaete RR, Crowe Jr JE. Population-Based Incidence of Human Metapneumovirus Infection among Hospitalized Children. J Infect Dis 2010;201:1890-1898.
- Abedi GR, Prill MM, Langley GE, Wikswo ME, Weinberg GA, Curns AT, Schneider E. Estimates of parainfluenza virus-associated hospitalizations and cost among children aged less than 5 years in the United States, 1998-2010. J Pediatr Infect Dis Soc 2014.
- Weinberg, GA, Hall CB, Poehling KA, Edwards KM, Iwane MK, Bridges CB, Staat MA, Griffin MR, Szilagyi PG. Parainfluenza virus infection of young children: population-based burden of hospitalization. J Pediatr 2009;154:694-699.
- Iwane MK, Chaves SS, Szilagyi PG, Edwards KM, Hall CB, Staat MA, Brown CJ, Griffin MR, Weinberg, GA, Poehling KA, Prill MM, Williams JV, Bridges CB. Disparities between Black and White Children in Hospitalizations Associated With Acute Respiratory Illness, and Laboratory-confirmed Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus in Three US Counties—2002-2009. Am J Epidemiol 2013;177:656-665.
- Poehling KA, Edwards KM, Griffin MR, Szilagyi PG, Staat MA, Iwane MK, Snively BM, Suerken CK, Hall CB, Weinberg GA, Chaves SS, Zhu Y, McNeal MM, Bridges CB. The burden of influenza in young children, 2004-2009. Pediatrics 2013;131:207-16.
- Ortega-Sanchez IR, Molinari NAM, Fairbrother G, Szilagyi PG, Edwards KM, Griffin MR, Cassidy A, Poehling KA, Bridges CB, Staat MA. Indirect, out-of-pocket and medical costs from influenza-related illness in young children. Vaccine 2012;30:4175-4181.
- Staat MA, Griffin MR, Donauer S, Edwards KM, Szilagyi PG, Weinberg GA, Hall CB, Prill MM, Chaves SS, Bridges CB, Poehling KA, Fairbrother G. Vaccine effectiveness for laboratory-confirmed influenza in children 6-59 months of age, 2005-2007. Vaccine. 2011;29:9005-9011.
- Brown C, Clayton-Boswell H, Chaves SS, Prill MM, Iwane MK, Szilagyi PG, Edwards KM, Staat MA, Weinberg GA, Fairbrother G, Hall CB, Zhu Y, Bridges CB; for the New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN). Validity of parental report of influenza vaccination in young children seeking medical care. Vaccine 2011;28;29:9488-9492.
- Allred NJ, Poehling KA, Szilagyi PG, Zhang F, Edwards KM, Staat MA, Donauer S, Prill MM, Fairbrother G. The impact of missed opportunities on seasonal influenza vaccination coverage for healthy young children. J Public Health Manag Pract 2011;17:560-4
- Poehling KA, Szilagyi PG, Staat MA, Snively BM, Payne DC, Bridges CB, Chu SY, Light LS, Prill MM, Finelli L, Griffin MR, Edwards KM; New Vaccine Surveillance Network. Impact of maternal immunization on influenza hospitalizations in infants. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;204(6 Suppl 1):S141-8.
Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
- Fairbrother G, Donauer S, Staat MA, Broder K, Salisbury S, Morrow AL, Tabangin ME, Altaye M, Holloway M, Schwartz B. Cincinnati pediatricians' measured and reported immunizing behavior for children during the national shortages of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Vaccine 2013;31:2177-83.
- Szilagyi PG, Griffin MR, Shone LP, Barth R, Zhu Y, Schaffer S, Ambrose S, Roy J, Poehling KA, Edwards KM, Walker FJ, Schwartz B. The impact of conjugate pneumococcal vaccination on routine childhood vaccination and primary care use in 2 counties. Pediatrics 2006;118:1394-402.
Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Hall CB, Weinberg, GA, Blumkin AK, Edwards KM, Staat MA, Schultz AF, Poehling KA, Szilagyi PG, Griffin MR, Williams JV, Zhu Y, Grijalva CG, Prill MM, Iwane MK. Respiratory syncytial virus hospitalizations among children less than 24 months of age. Pediatrics 2013;132:e341-e348.
- Carroll KN, Griffin MR, Edwards KM, Ali A, Zhu Y, Iwane MK, Szilagyi PG, Staat MA, Stevens TP, Hall CB, Williams JV, Hartert TV. Adherence to guidelines for respiratory syncytial virus immunoprophylaxis among infants with prematurity or chronic lung disease in three United States counties. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2012;31:e229-31.
- Iwane MK, Prill MM, Lu X, Miller EK, Edwards KM, Hall CB, Griffin MR, Staat MA, Anderson LJ, Williams JV, Weinberg GA, Ali A, Szilagyi PG, Zhu Y, Erdman DD. Human Rhinovirus Species Associated With Hospitalizations for Acute Respiratory Illness in Young US Children. J Infect Dis. 2011;204:1702-1710.
- Miller EK, Edwards KM, Weinberg GA, Iwane MK, Griffin MR, Hall CB, Zhu Y, Szilagyi PG, Morin L-L, Heil LH, Lu X, Williams JV, for the New Vaccine Surveillance Network. A novel group of rhinoviruses is associated with asthma hospitalizations. J Allerg Clin Immunol 2009;123:98-104.
- Weinberg, GA, Schnabel K, Erdman DD, Prill MM, Iwane MK, Whitaker B, Szilagyi PG, Hall CB. Field evaluation of TaqMan array card (TAC) for the simultaneous detection of multiple respiratory viruses in children with acute respiratory infection. J Clin Virol 2013;57:254-260.
- Griffin MR, Walker FJ, Iwane MK, Weinberg GA, Staat MA, Erdman DD. Epidemiology of respiratory infections in young children: insights from the new vaccine surveillance network. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2004;23:S188-S192.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.