Selected Acute Gastroenteritis (AGE) Papers
- Boom JA, Sahni L, Payne DC, Bowen MD, Tate JE, Rench M, Parashar UD, Baker C et al. Symptomatic infection and detection of vaccine and vaccine-reassortant rotavirus strains in 5 children: A case series. J Infect Dis 2012; 206:1275-9.
- Williams DJ, Edwards KM, Payne DC, Manning J, Parashar UD, Lopman BA. Decline in gastroenteritis-related triage calls during the rotavirus season following rotavirus vaccine licensure. Pediatrics 2012; 130: e872-8.
- McDonald SM, McKell AO, Rippinger CM, McAllen JK, Akopov A, Kirkness EF, Payne DC, Edwards KM, Chappell JD, Patton JT. Diversity and relationships of co-circulating modern human rotaviruses revealed using large-scale comparative genomics. J Virol 2012; 86:9148-62.
- Weinberg GA, Payne DC, Teel EN, Mijatovic-Rustempasic S, Bowen MD, Wikswo M, Gentsch JR, Parashar UD. First reports of human rotavirus G8P gastroenteritis in the United States. J Clin Microbiol 2012;50:1118-1121.
- Payne DC, Humiston S, Opel D, Kennedy A, Wikswo M, Downing K, Klein EJ, Kobayashi A, Locke D, Albertin C, Chesley C, Staat MA. A multi-center, qualitative assessment of pediatrician and maternal perspectives on rotavirus vaccines and the detection of Porcine circovirus. BMC Pediatr 2011;11:83.
- Payne DC, Staat MA, Edwards KM, Szilagyi PG, Weinberg GA, Hall CB, Chappell J, Curns AT, Wikswo M, Tate JE, Lopman BA, Parashar UD; New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN). Direct and indirect effects of rotavirus vaccination upon childhood hospitalizations in 3 US Counties, 2006-2009. Clin Infect Dis . 2011;53:245-53.
- Staat MA, Payne DC, Donauer S, Weinberg GA, Edwards KM, Szilagyi PG, Griffin MR, Hall CB, Curns AT, Gentsch JR, Salisbury S, Fairbrother G, Parashar UD; New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN). Effectiveness of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine against severe disease. Pediatrics . 2011;128:e267-e275.
- Payne DC, Edwards KM, Bowen MD, Keckley E, Peters J, Esona MD, Teel EN, Kent D, Parashar UD, Gentsch JR. Sibling transmission of vaccine-derived rotavirus (RotaTeq) associated with rotavirus gastroenteritis. Pediatrics 2010;125:e438-41.
- Payne DC, Szilagyi PG, Staat MA, Edwards KM, Gentsch JR, Weinberg GA, Hall CB, Curns AT, Clayton H, Griffin MR, Fairbrother G, Parashar UD. Secular variation in US rotavirus disease rates and serotypes: Implications for assessing the rotavirus vaccination program. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2009;28:948-953 [correction 2010;29:287-8].
- Tate JE, Panozzo CA, Payne DC, Patel MM, Cortese MM, Fowlkes AL, Parashar UD. Decline and change in seasonal patterns of rotavirus activity after the introduction of rotavirus vaccine in the United States. Pediatrics 2009;124:465-71.
- Cortese MM, Staat MA, Weinberg GA, Edwards KM, Rice MA, Szilagyi PG, Hall CB, Payne DC, Parashar UD. Underestimation of intussusception rates in infants: implications for monitoring vaccine safety. J Infect Dis 2009;200 (Suppl 1):S264-S270.
- Payne DC, Staat MA, Edwards KM, Szilagyi PG, Gentsch JR, Stockman LJ, Curns AT, Griffin M, Weinberg GA, Hall CB, Fairbrother G, Alexander J, Parashar UD. Active population-based surveillance for severe rotavirus gastroenteritis in US children. Pediatrics 2008;122:1235-1243.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Delayed onset and diminished magnitude of rotavirus activity—United States, November 2007-May 2008. MMWR 2008;57:697-700.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.