NATIONAL HEALTH INTERVIEW SURVEY: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SUPPLEMENT
Retail Trade Industries
These charts summarize the 2010 NHIS-OHS data for the Retail Trade industries in an effort to provide industry leaders with information so they can better understand health and exposure burdens specific to their workforce.
In the 2010 NHIS-OHS, the sample of those employed in the Retail Trade industries consisted of 1,795 persons, representing approximately 17 million workers. The charts linked below show the prevalence (rates) of selected health outcomes; work organization and psychosocial factors; and physical and chemical exposures among workers in the Retail Trade industries. All Retail Trade workers are compared to all U.S. workers combined, and comparisons are made among 22 specific Retail Trade industries.
- Description of Retail Trade workers in the US
- All US workers vs. the Retail Trade workers
- Health conditions
- Work organization factors
- Psychosocial exposures
- Physical and chemical exposures
- Page last reviewed: December 2, 2015
- Page last updated: December 2, 2015
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluations, and Field Studies