HEARING LOSS PREVENTION
The mission of the NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Cross-Sector Research Program is to provide national and world leadership to reduce the prevalence of occupational hearing loss. The program strives to fulfill its mission through:
- High Quality Research: NIOSH will continually strive for high quality research and prevention activities that will lead to reductions in occupational hearing loss.
- Practical Solutions: The NIOSH hearing loss prevention cross-sector is committed to the development of practical solutions to the complex problems that cause occupational hearing loss.
- Partnerships: We recognize that collaborative efforts in partnership with labor, industry, government, and other stakeholders are usually the best means of achieving successful outcomes. Fostering these partnerships is a cornerstone of the NIOSH hearing loss prevention cross-sector research program.
- Research to Practice (r2p): We believe that our research only realizes its true value when put into practice. Every research project within the NIOSH hearing loss prevention cross-sector program employs a strategy to promote the transfer and translation of research findings into prevention practices and products that will be adopted in the workplace.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO