- Design and performance of the CDC real-time RT-PCR swine flu panel for detection of 2009 A (H1N1) pandemic influenza virus
Shu B, Wu KH, Emery S, Villanueva J, Johnson R, Guthrie E, Berman L, Warnes C, Barnes N, Klimov A, Lindstrom S.
J Clin Microbiol. 2011 May 18.
- Scientific evidence and policy change: lowering the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers to 0.08% in the USA
Sleet DA, Mercer SL, Cole KH, Shults RA, Elder RW, Nichols JL.
Glob Health Promot. 2011 ;18(1):23-26, 115, 150.
The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
- Renal-related biomarkers and long-term mortality in the US subjects with different coronary risks
Wu CK, Chang MH, Lin JW, Caffrey JL, Lin YS.
Atherosclerosis. 2011 May;216(1):226-36.
- The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY): genetic criteria and international diabetes risk screening of 421,000 infants
Hagopian WA, Erlich H, Lernmark A, Rewers M, Ziegler AG, Simell O, Akolkar B, Vogt R, Blair A, Ilonen J, Krischer J, She J.
Pediatr Diabetes. 2011 May 12.
- Diverse origin of P rotaviruses in children with acute diarrhea in Taiwan: detection of novel lineages of the G3, G5, and G9 VP7 genes
Wu FT, Banyai K, Huang JC, Wu HS, Chang FY, Yang JY, Hsiung CA, Huang YC, Lin JS, Hwang KP, Jiang B, Gentsch JR.
J Med Virol. 2011 Jul;83(7):1279-87.
- Uses of youth risk behavior survey and school health profiles data: applications for improving adolescent and school health
Foti K, Balaji A, Shanklin S.
J Sch Health. 2011 Jun;81(6):345-54.
- Home health care and discharged hospice care patients: United States, 2000 and 2007
Caffrey C, Sengupta M, Moss A, Harris-Kojetin L, Valverde R.
Natl Health Stat Report. 2011 Apr 27(38):1-27.
- Claims about the misuse of insecticide-treated mosquito nets: are these evidence-based?
Eisele TP, Thwing J, Keating J.
PLoS Med. 2011 Apr;8(4):e1001019.
- Emergency department visits for overdoses of acetaminophen-containing products
Budnitz DS, Lovegrove MC, Crosby AE.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Jun;40(6):585-92.
- Potential strategies to eliminate built environment disparities for disadvantaged and vulnerable communities
Hutch DJ, Bouye KE, Skillen E, Lee C, Whitehead L, Rashid JR.
Am J Public Health. 2011 ;101(4):587-595.
- Residential light and risk for depression and falls: results from the LARES study of eight European cities
Brown MJ, Jacobs DE.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:131-40.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning after an ice storm in Kentucky, 2009
Lutterloh EC, Iqbal S, Clower JH, Spiller HA, Riggs MA, Sugg TJ, Humbaugh KE, Cadwell BL, Thoroughman DA.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:108-15.
- Comprehensive environmental public health
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:3-6.
- The 2009 National Environmental Public Health Conference: one model for planning green and healthy conferences
Ruckart PZ, Moore C, Burgin D, Byrne MK.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:58-63.
- Making child care centers SAFER: a non-regulatory approach to improving child care center siting
Somers TS, Harvey ML, Rusnak SM.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:34-40.
- Deriving measures of intensive care unit antimicrobial use from computerized pharmacy data: methods, validation, and overcoming barriers
Schwartz DN, Scott Evans R, Camins BC, Khan YM, Lloyd JF, Shehab N, Stevenson K.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011 May;32(5):472-80.
- Wireless substitution: state-level estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, January 2007-June 2010
Blumberg SJ, Luke JV, Ganesh N, Davern ME, Boudreaux MH, Soderberg K.
Natl Health Stat Report. 2011 Apr 20(39):1-26, 28.
- Rotavirus-coded deaths in children, United States, 1999-2007
Desai R, Esposito DH, Lees C, Goodin K, Harris M, Blostein J, Parashar UD.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011 May 13.
- Examining functional content in widely used Health-Related Quality of Life scales
Hall T, Krahn GL, Horner-Johnson W, Lamb G.
Rehabil Psychol. 2011 May;56(2):94-9.
- Evaluation of an HIV prevention intervention for African Americans and Hispanics: findings from the VOICES/VOCES Community-based Organization Behavioral Outcomes Project
Fisher HH, Patel-Larson A, Green K, Shapatava E, Uhl G, Kalayil EJ, Moore A, Williams W, Chen B.
AIDS Behav. 2011 May 14.
- Adolescent attitudes toward influenza vaccination and vaccine uptake in a school-based influenza vaccination intervention: a mediation analysis
Painter JE, Sales JM, Pazol K, Wingood GM, Windle M, Orenstein WA, Diclemente RJ.
J Sch Health. 2011 Jun;81(6):304-312.
- Attitudes about carbon monoxide safety in the United States: results from the 2005 and 2006 HealthStyles Survey
King ME, Damon SA.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:100-7.
- A social marketing approach to building a behavioral intervention for congenital cytomegalovirus
Bate SL, Cannon MJ.
Health Promot Pract. 2011 May;12(3):349-60.
- A community outbreak of rotavirus diarrhea associated with exposures in a hospital outpatient department in South China
Li Y, Guo H, Xu W, Wu T, Ma H, Fontaine RE.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011 May 16.
- Rates and correlates of influenza vaccination among HIV-infected adults in the HIV Outpatient Study (HOPS), USA, 1999-2008
Durham MD, Buchacz K, Armon C, Patel P, Wood K, Brooks JT.
Prev Med. 2011 May 4.
- Prevalence and genetic diversity of candidate vaccine antigens among invasive Neisseria meningitidis isolates in the United States
Wang X, Cohn A, Comanducci M, Andrew L, Zhao X, Macneil JR, Schmink S, Muzzi A, Bambini S, Rappuoli R, Pizza M, Murphy E, Hoiseth SK, Jansen KU, Anderson AS, Harrison LH, Clark TA, Messonnier NE, Mayer LW.
Vaccine. 2011 May 12.
- Announcing a decade of action for global road safety
Baldwin G, Sleet D.
Am J Lifestyle Med. 2011 May/June;5(3):291-292.
- Home fires in America: progress and opportunities
Diekman S, Ballesteros M, Ahrens M.
Am J Lifestyle Med. 2011 .
- The decade of action for global road safety
Sleet DA, Baldwin G, Dellinger A, Dinh-Zarr B.
J Safety Res. 2011 Apr;42(2):147-8.
- Polymerase chain reaction confirmed by immunohistochemistry: a two-pronged diagnostic approach in endophthalmitis
Horton JC, Yoon MK, Carvalho MD, McLeod SD.
Acta Ophthalmol. 2011 May;89(3):301-2.
- Development and characterization of a bead-based, multiplex assay for estimation of recent HIV-1 infection
Curtis K, Kennedy S, Charurat ME, Nasidi A, Delaney K, Spira T, Owen M.
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011 May 17.
- Detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Legionella spp. in clinical specimens using a single-tube multiplex real-time PCR assay
Thurman KA, Warner AK, Cowart KC, Benitez AJ, Winchell JM.
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2011 May;70(1):1-9.
- Method for evaluating the relative efficiency of selected N95 respirators and surgical masks to prevent the inhalation of airborne vegetative cells by healthcare personnel
Davidson C, Green CF, Panlilio AL, Jensen PA, Stover BH, Roselle G, Gibbs SG, Scarpino PV.
Indoor Built Environ. 2011 Apr;20(2):265-277.
- Development and evaluation of an M2-293FT cell-based flow cytometric assay for quantification of antibody response to native form of matrix protein 2 of influenza A viruses
Zhong W, He J, Tang X, Liu F, Lu X, Zeng H, Vafai A, Fu TM, Katz JM, Hancock K.
J Immunol Methods. 2011 May 1.
- Factors to consider in using [U-13C]palmitate for analysis of sphingolipid biosynthesis by tandem mass spectrometry
Haynes CA, Allegood JC, Wang EW, Kelly SL, Sullards MC, Merrill AH.
J Lipid Res. 2011 May 17.
- The virulence of 1997 H5N1 influenza viruses in the mouse model is increased by correcting a defect in their NS1 proteins
Spesock A, Malur M, Hossain MJ, Chen LM, Njaa B, Davis CT, Lipatov AS, York I, Krug RM, Donis RO.
J Virol. 2011 May 18.
- sodC-based real-time PCR for detection of Neisseria meningitidis
Dolan Thomas J, Hatcher CP, Satterfield DA, Theodore MJ, Bach MC, Linscott KB, Zhao X, Wang X, Mair R, Schmink S, Arnold KE, Stephens DS, Harrison LH, Hollick RA, Andrade AL, Lamaro-Cardoso J, de Lemos AP, Gritzfeld J, Gordon S, Soysal A, Bakir M, Sharma D, Jain S, Satola SW, Messonnier NE, Mayer LW.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(5):e19361.
- Control of glucosylceramide production and morphogenesis by the Bar1 ceramide synthase in Fusarium graminearum
Rittenour WR, Chen M, Cahoon EB, Harris SD.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(4):e19385.
- No association of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related viruses with prostate cancer
Switzer WM, Jia H, Zheng H, Tang S, Heneine W.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(5):e19065.
- Association of recent HIV infection and in utero HIV-1 transmission: findings from the PEPI-Malawi trial
Taha TE, James MM, Hoover DR, Sun J, Laeyendecker O, Mullis CE, Kumwenda JJ, Lingappa JR, Auvert B, Morrison CS, Mofensen LM, Taylor A, Fowler MG, Kumenda NI, Eshleman SH.
AIDS. 2011 May 12.
- Comparison of changes in growth percentiles of US children on CDC 2000 growth charts with corresponding changes on WHO 2006 growth charts
Mei Z, Grummer-Strawn LM.
Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2011 May;50(5):402-7.
- Knowledge and practice of prechewing/prewarming food by HIV-infected women
Gaur AH, Freimanis-Hance L, Dominguez K, Mitchell C, Menezes J, Mussi-Pinhata MM, Peixoto MF, Alarcon J, Coelho DF, Read JS.
Pediatrics. 2011 May;127(5):e1206-11.
- Early onset neonatal sepsis: the burden of group B streptococcal and E. coli disease continues
Stoll BJ, Hansen NI, Sanchez PJ, Faix RG, Poindexter BB, Van Meurs KP, Bizzarro MJ, Goldberg RN, Frantz ID, Hale EC, Shankaran S, Kennedy K, Carlo WA, Watterberg KL, Bell EF, Walsh MC, Schibler K, Laptook AR, Shane AL, Schrag SJ, Das A, Higgins RD.
Pediatrics. 2011 May;127(5):817-826.
- Overview of a roundtable on NHANES monitoring of biomarkers of folate and vitamin B-12 status: measurement procedure issues
Yetley EA, Coates PM, Johnson CL.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 May 18.
- Biomarkers of folate status in NHANES: a roundtable summary
Yetley EA, Pfeiffer CM, Phinney KW, Fazili Z, Lacher DA, Bailey RL, Blackmore S, Bock JL, Brody LC, Carmel R, Curtin LR, Durazo-Arvizu RA, Eckfeldt JH, Green R, Gregory JF, Hoofnagle AN, Jacobsen DW, Jacques PF, Molloy AM, Massaro J, Mills JL, Nexo E, Rader JI, Selhub J, Sempos C, Shane B, Stabler S, Stover P, Tamura T, Tedstone A, Thorpe SJ, Coates PM, Johnson CL, Picciano MF.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 May 18.
- Infrared imaging for leak detection of N95 filtering facepiece respirators: a pilot study
Roberge RJ, Monaghan WD, Palmiero AJ, Shaffer R, Bergman MS.
Am J Ind Med. 2011 May 18.
- Coal mine methane: a review of capture and utilization practices with benefits to mining safety and to greenhouse gas reduction
Karacan CO, Ruiz FA, Cote M, Phipps S.
Int J Coal Geol. 2011 May;86(2-3):121-156.
- Success of Senegal's first nationwide distribution of long-lasting insecticide-treated nets to children under five - contribution toward universal coverage
Thwing JI, Perry RT, Townes DA, Diouf MB, Ndiaye S, Thior M.
Malar J. 2011 ;10:86.
- Understanding physicians' attitudes toward people with Down syndrome
Pace JE, Shin M, Rasmussen SA.
Am J Med Genet A. 2011 May 13.
- Unveiling the hidden epidemic: a review of stigma associated with sexually transmissible infections
Hood JE, Friedman AL.
Sex Health. 2011 Jun;8(2):159-70.
- Hazards of illicit methamphetamine production and efforts at reduction: data from the Hazardous Substances Emergency Events Surveillance system
Melnikova N, Welles WL, Wilburn RE, Rice N, Wu J, Stanbury M.
Public Health Rep. 2011 May-Jun;126 Suppl 1:116-23.
- Enacting sustainable school-based health initiatives: a communication-centered approach to policy and practice
LeGreco M, Canary HE.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Mar;101(3):431-7.
- The social marketing of safety behaviors: a quasi-randomized controlled trial of tractor retrofitting incentives
Sorensen JA, Jenkins PL, Emmelin M, Stenlund H, Weinehall L, Earle-Richardson GB, May JJ.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Apr;101(4):678-84.
- Evaluation of EX: a national mass media smoking cessation campaign
Vallone DM, Duke JC, Cullen J, McCausland KL, Allen JA.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Feb;101(2):302-9.
- Culturally appropriate storytelling to improve blood pressure: a randomized trial
Houston TK, Allison JJ, Sussman M, Horn W, Holt CL, Trobaugh J, Salas M, et al.
Ann Intern Med. 2011 Jan 18;154(2):77-84.
- Interactive computer-based interventions for sexual health promotion
Bailey JV, Murray E, Rait G, Mercer CH, Morris RW, Peacock R, Cassell J, et al.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 (9):CD006483.
- Text messaging as a tool for behavior change in disease prevention and management
Cole-Lewis H, Kershaw T.
Epidemiol Rev. 2010 Apr;32(1):56-69.
- Race, ethnicity, language, social class, and health communication inequalities: a nationally-representative cross-sectional study
Viswanath K, Ackerson LK.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(1):e14550.
- Results of a multi-media multiple behavior obesity prevention program for adolescents
Mauriello LM, Ciavatta MM, Paiva AL, Sherman KJ, Castle PH, Johnson JL, Prochaska JM.
Prev Med. 2010 Dec;51(6):451-6.
- Effectiveness of a video-based motivational skills-building HIV risk-reduction intervention for female military personnel
Essien EJ, Mgbere O, Monjok E, Ekong E, Holstad MM, Kalichman SC.
Soc Sci Med. 2011 Jan;72(1):63-71.
- Arthritis as a potential barrier to physical activity among adults with obesity - United States, 2007 and 2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 May 20;60(19):614-418.
- Estimated burden of acute otitis externa - United States, 2003-2007
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 May 20;60(19):605-609.
- Reasons for not seeking eye care among adults aged >40 years with moderate-to-severe visual impairment - 21 states, 2006-2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 May 20;60(19):610-613.
- Ten great public health achievements - United States, 2001-2010
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 May 20;60(19):619-623.
- Increasing low risk prostate cancer incidence in United States Air Force servicemen and selection of treatments
Del Junco DJ, Fox EE, Cooper S, Goldhagen M, Koda E, Rogers D, Canby-Hagino E, Kim J, Pettaway C, Boyd DD.
J Urol. 2011 Jun;185(6):2137-42.