Policies & Patrons
1. CDC Patrons (any library user with a CDC user ID and password) are the first priority for CDC Library staff. Circulation, Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery, and Reference Service privileges apply to this group. CDC Patrons include the following: CDC employees/staff; CDC researchers in the field; EIS officers; CDC contractors; CDC fellows.
2. Friends of CDC are the second priority patron group, and CDC Library staff will work to accommodate their needs. Circulation, Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery, and Reference Services privileges apply to this group. Friends of CDC include the following: CDC Foundation; Other DHHS staff.
3. General Public includes only individuals or groups from the general public that physically visit a CDC CDC Library location to obtain services. Only the Reference privileges apply to this group. Examples of the General Public include the following: CDC partners; State and local health departments; Health and advocacy groups; Corporations/businesses; Other librarians and their clientele; Other college, graduate and professional school students and faculty; Primary and secondary students and teachers; International visitors; Individual members of the community with public health questions/concerns.
- Page last reviewed: March 3, 2015
- Page last updated: March 3, 2015
- Content source: