- Absence of evidence of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus infection in persons with chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy controls in the United States
Switzer WM, Jia H, Hohn O, Zheng H, Tang S, Shankar A, Bannert N, Simmons G, Hendry RM, Falkenberg VR, Reeves WC, Heneine W.
Retrovirology. 2010 ;7:57.
- How late is too late? Timeliness to scheduled visits as an antiretroviral therapy adherence measure in Nairobi, Kenya and Lusaka, Zambia
Blacher RJ, Muiruri P, Njobvu L, Mutsotso W, Potter D, Ong'ech J, Mwai P, Degroot A, Zulu I, Bolu O, Stringer J, Kiarie J, Weidle PJ.
AIDS Care. 2010 Aug 13:1-9.
- Comparison of home and clinic-based HIV testing among household members of persons taking antiretroviral therapy in Uganda: results from a randomized trial
Lugada E, Levin J, Abang B, Mermin J, Mugalanzi E, Namara G, Gupta S, Grosskurth H, Jaffar S, Coutinho A, Bunnell R.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010 Aug 13.
- An unfavorable lifestyle and recurrent headaches among adolescents. The HUNT Study
Robberstad L, Dyb G, Hagen K, Stovner LJ, Holmen TL, Zwart JA.
Neurology. 2010 Aug 18.
- Clean indoor air ordinance coverage in the Appalachian region of the United States
Ferketich AK, Liber A, Pennell M, Nealy D, Hammer J, Berman M.
Am J Public Health. 2010 Jul;100(7):1313-8.
- Policy support, norms, and secondhand smoke exposure before and after implementation of a comprehensive smoke-free law in Mexico City
Thrasher JF, Perez-Hernandez R, Swayampakala K, Arillo-Santillan E, Bottai M.
Am J Public Health. 2010 Sep;100(9):1789-98.
- Investigation of relationships between urinary biomarkers of phytoestrogens, phthalates, and phenols and pubertal stages in girls
Wolff MS, Teitelbaum SL, Pinney SM, Windham G, Liao L, Biro F, Kushi LH, Erdmann C, Hiatt RA, Rybak ME, Calafat AM.
Environ Health Perspect. 2010 Jul;118(7):1039-46.
The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
- Factors associated with the progression of fibrosis on liver biopsy in Alaska Native and American Indian persons with chronic hepatitis C
Livingston SE, Deubner H, Bruden DL, McMahon BJ, Homan CE, Townshend-Bulson LJ, Bruce MG, Hennessy TW, Williams JL, Gretch DR.
Can J Gastroenterol. 2010 Jul;24(7):445-51.
- Prevalence of self-reported clinically diagnosed sleep apnea according to obesity status in men and women: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005-2006
Li C, Ford ES, Zhao G, Croft JB, Balluz LS, Mokdad AH.
Prev Med. 2010 Jul;51(1):18-23.
- A road map for the global elimination of congenital syphilis
Kamb ML, Newman LM, Riley PL, Mark J, Hawkes SJ, Malik T, Broutet N.
Obstet Gynecol Int. 2010 ;2010.
- The effectiveness of patient-delivered partner therapy and chlamydial and gonococcal reinfection in San Francisco
Stephens SC, Bernstein KT, Katz MH, Philip SS, Klausner JD.
Sex Transm Dis. 2010 Aug;37(8):525-9.
- Interrelationship of cytokines, hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones, and psychosocial variables in the prediction of preterm birth
Pearce BD, Grove J, Bonney EA, Bliwise N, Dudley DJ, Schendel DE, Thorsen P.
Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2010 ;70(1):40-6.
- One in four people may develop symptomatic hip osteoarthritis in his or her lifetime
Murphy LB, Helmick CG, Schwartz TA, Renner JB, Tudor G, Koch GG, Dragomir AD, Kalsbeek WD, Luta G, Jordan JM.
Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010 Aug 13.
- Ownership and usage of insecticide-treated bed nets after free distribution via a voucher system in two provinces of Mozambique
Macedo de Oliveira A, Wolkon A, Krishnamurthy R, Erskine M, Crenshaw DP, Roberts J, Saute F.
Malar J. 2010 Aug 4;9(1):222.
- High costs of influenza: direct medical costs of influenza disease in young children
Fairbrother G, Cassedy A, Ortega-Sanchez IR, Szilagyi PG, Edwards KM, Molinari NA, Donauer S, Henderson D, Ambrose S, Kent D, Poehling K, Weinberg GA, Griffin MR, Hall CB, Finelli L, Bridges C, Staat MA.
Vaccine. 2010 Jul 12;28(31):4913-9.
- An augmented passive immune therapy to treat fulminant bacterial infections
Rajam G, Sampson J, Carlone GM, Ades EW.
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov. 2010 Jun 1;5(2):157-67.
- Potential loss of methionine following extended storage of newborn screening samples prepared for tandem mass spectrometry analysis
Chace DH, Luo Z, De Jesus VR, Haynes CA, Hannon WH.
Clin Chim Acta. 2010 Sep 6;411(17-18):1284-6.
- Salmonella isolates with decreased susceptibility to extended-spectrum cephalosporins in the United States
Sjolund-Karlsson M, Rickert R, Matar C, Pecic G, Howie RL, Joyce K, Medalla F, Barzilay EJ, Whichard JM.
Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2010 Aug 12.
- Poxvirus complement control proteins are expressed on the cell surface through an intermolecular disulfide bridge with the viral A56 protein
Dehaven BC, Girgis NM, Xiao Y, Hudson PN, Olson VA, Damon IK, Isaacs SN.
J Virol. 2010 Aug 18.
- Work-relatedness of selected chronic medical conditions and workers' compensation utilization: National Health Interview Survey occupational health supplement data
Luckhaupt SE, Calvert GM.
Am J Ind Med. 2010 Aug 18.
- The estimated national burden of physical ergonomic hazards among US workers
Tak S, Calvert GM.
Am J Ind Med. 2010 Aug 18.
- Potential pulmonary effects of engineered carbon nanotubes: in vitro genotoxic effects
Sargent L, Reynolds S, Castranova V.
Nanotoxicology. 2010 :1-13.
- A shifting paradigm in strengthening laboratory health systems for global health: acting now, acting collectively, but acting differently
Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Sep;134(3):359-60.
- Laboratory systems and services are critical in global health: time to end the neglect?
Nkengasong JN, Nsubuga P, Nwanyanwu O, Gershy-Damet GM, Roscigno G, Bulterys M, Schoub B, Decock KM, Birx D.
Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Sep;134(3):368-73.
- Improving quality management systems of laboratories in developing countries: an innovative training approach to accelerate laboratory accreditation
Yao K, McKinney B, Murphy A, Rotz P, Wafula W, Sendagire H, Okui S, Nkengasong JN.
Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Sep;134(3):401-9.
- Field experience in implementing ISO 15189 in Kisumu, Kenya
Zeh CE, Inzaule SC, Magero VO, Thomas TK, Laserson KF, Hart CE, Nkengasong JN.
Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Sep;134(3):410-418.
- Contraceptive sterilization use among married men in the United States: results from the male sample of the National Survey of Family Growth
Anderson JE, Warner L, Jamieson DJ, Kissin DM, Nangia AK, Macaluso M.
Contraception. 2010 Sep;82(3):230-5.
- US physicians' intentions regarding impact of human papillomavirus vaccine on cervical cancer screening
Wong C, Berkowitz Z, Saraiya M, Wideroff L, Benard VB.
Sex Health. 2010 Sep;7(3):338-45.
- Requiring suspended drunk drivers to install alcohol interlocks to reinstate their licenses: effective?
Voas RB, Tippetts SS, Fisher D, Grosz M.
Addiction. 2010 Aug;105(8):1422-8.
- Economic impacts of the Pueblo smoke-free air act
Young WF, Szychowski J, Karp S, Liu L, Diedrich RT.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Mar;38(3):340-3.
- Secondhand smoke exposures in indoor public places in seven Asian countries
Lee J, Lim S, Lee K, Guo X, Kamath R, Yamato H, Abas AL, et al.
Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2010 Sep;213(5):348-51.
- Regulation of smoking in public housing
Winickoff JP, Gottlieb M, Mello MM.
N Engl J Med. 2010 Jun 17;362(24):2319-25.
- Smoke-free air laws and secondhand smoke exposure among nonsmoking youth
Dove MS, Dockery DW, Connolly GN.
Pediatrics. 2010 Jul;126(1):80-7.
- The impact of a 100% smoke-free law on the health of hospitality workers from the city of Neuquen, Argentina
Schoj V, Alderete M, Ruiz E, Hasdeu S, Linetzky B, Ferrante D.
Tob Control. 2010 Apr;19(2):134-7.
- Heat illness among high school athletes - United States, 2005-2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Aug 20;59(32):1009-1013.
- National, state, and local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years - United States, 2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Aug 20;59(32):1018-1023.
- Smoking in top-grossing movies - United States, 1991-2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Aug 20;59(32):1014-1017.
- Increased risk of stroke associated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A nationwide case-crossover study
Chang CH, Shau WY, Kuo CW, Chen ST, Lai MS.
Stroke. 2010 Jul 29.
- Racial variation in medical outcomes among living kidney donors
Lentine KL, Schnitzler MA, Xiao H, Saab G, Salvalaggio PR, Axelrod D, Davis CL, Abbott KC, Brennan DC.
NEJM. 2010 August 19;363(8):724-732.
- A randomized trial of tai chi for fibromyalgia
Wang C, Schmid CH, Rones R, Kalish R, Yinh J, Goldenberg DL, Lee Y, McAlindon T.
NEJM. 2010 August 19;363(8):743-754.