CDC in Jamaica
CDC Zika Updates
On January 22, 2016, CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to respond to outbreaks of Zika occurring in the Americas and increased reports of birth defects and Guillain-Barré syndrome in areas affected by Zika. On February 1, 2016, the World Health Organization declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) because of clusters of microcephaly and other neurological disorders in some areas affected by Zika. On February 8, 2016, CDC elevated its EOC activation to a Level 1, the highest level.
CDC is working with international public health partners and with state and local health departments to
- Alert healthcare providers and the public about Zika.
- Post travel notices and other travel-related guidance.
- Provide state health laboratories with diagnostic tests.
- Detect and report cases, which will help prevent further spread.
- U.S. Department of State International Travel Information: Jamaica
- Health Information for Travelers to Jamaica
- Government Visa Travel
- US Embassy to Jamaica
- CIA Factbook: Jamaica
- Immigrant, Refugee and Migrant Health
- Registration of Traveler Emergency Contact and Itinerary Information
- The Caribbean
- Ecoepidemiology of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Outbreak, Jamaica
- Outbreaks of Gram-Negative Bacterial Bloodstream Infections Traced to Probable Contamination of Hemodialysis Machines -- Canada, 1995 United States, 1997; and Jamaica, 1997
- Cholera in Haiti and Other Caribbean Regions, 19th Century
- Emergency Response and Recovery Branch (ERRB): Jamaica
- Global School-based Student Health Survey (GSHS): Jamaica
- Global Disease Detection and Emergency Response: Central America
Yellow Fever and Malaria Information
- Yellow Fever and Malaria Information: Jamaica
- Malaria Information and Prophylaxis: Jamaica
- Choosing a Drug to Prevent Malaria
- CDC’s HIV/AIDS Activities in Jamaica
- CDC’s Global Health Programs: Global HIV/AIDS
- President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
- Page last reviewed: March 27, 2013
- Page last updated: March 27, 2013
- Content source:
Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.