Next Public Health Grand Rounds
This session has been relocated to CDC’s Chamblee Campus. If you are planning on attending in person please contact the CDC Grand Rounds Team immediately.
Preventing A Million Heart Attacks and Strokes: A Turning Point for Impact
Tuesday, September 16, 2014, at 1pm EDT.
Heart attacks and strokes contribute to the almost 800,000 deaths from cardiovascular disease each year. The trauma to families and communities is devastating; the cost to the US economy is nearly $1 billion each day in medical costs and lost productivity. To achieve sustainable prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services launched Million Hearts®, a national initiative to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes by 2017. Million Hearts® focuses on increasing the number of communities who go smoke-free, decreasing sodium in the food supply, and eliminating trans-fat. In addition to changes to our environment, Million Hearts® calls for changes in the health care system that will produce better performance in the ABCS (Aspirin when appropriate, Blood pressure control, Cholesterol management, Smoking cessation). Join us as we hear about the progress that has been made, along with the work that is still needed to reach the goal of preventing one million heart attacks and strokes by 2017.
Watch the live webcast
Captions are only available on the Windows Media links. The webcast links are only active during the date and time of the session, but all sessions are archived for future viewing.
CDC Grand Rounds Sessions
- September 16th, 2014: Million Hearts Initiative
- October 21, 2014: Utilizing Pharmacists to Improve Health
- November 18, 2014: Donor Derived Infections
- December 16th, 2014: Climate and Health
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hepatitis C Virus: Looking Back to Look Forward
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for Prevention of HIV
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis
Registration is not required to watch the live webcast of Grand Rounds.
To continuing education credits:
- Watch the live webcast of Grand Rounds.
- After the event is concluded, register for continuing education credits.
- After you have registered, look for Grand Rounds under the “CDC Courses" link under “Search and Register.”
- Enter the course code: The course code is PHGR10. Thirty days from the initial session the course number will change to WD2346.
For issues regarding obtaining continuing education credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page last reviewed: May 21, 2014
- Page last updated: May 21, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media