Next Public Health Grand Rounds
Mind Your RisksSM and Act FAST to Prevent and Treat Strokes
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 1 pm ETEvery four minutes, an American dies from a stroke. Though we have come a long way in the prevention and treatment of stroke, it is still the fifth leading cause of death in the United States and is a major cause of adult disability. If a stroke occurs, knowing the signs and acting quickly can improve the chance of a full recovery.
In the News - Zika Virus
There’s a CDC Public Health Grand Rounds for That!
The first case of Zika virus has been reported in the continental U.S. Zika is a virus that’s carried by Aedes mosquitoes. Though there is a lot we don’t know about this virus, we do know that there is a link between Zika and birth defects. To learn more about how we can prevent mosquito-borne diseases like Zika, watch our Grand Rounds session, “Dengue and Chikungunya in Our Backyard: Preventing Aedes Mosquito-Borne Disease.”
CDC Grand Rounds Upcoming Sessions
- June 21, 2016: Filling the Environmental Health Information Gap Byte by Byte
- July 19, 2016: Dengue and Chikungunya in Our Backyard: Preventing Aedes Mosquito-Borne Disease - Encore Presentation
- August 16, 2016: Primary Prevention and Public Health Strategies to Prevent Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Frequently Asked Questions
CDC Grand Rounds Previous Sessions
Registration is not required to watch the live webcast of Grand Rounds.
For more information regarding the following, please visit the Grand Rounds Continuing Education page.
- Continuing Education Accreditation statements
- Instructions for receiving continuing education
For issues regarding obtaining continuing education credits, please email email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: April 29, 2016
- Page last updated: April 29, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media